Sunday, November 14, 2004

Reform Intelligence

Next week I am visiting my family. I need to come up with some coping mechanisms, to deal with their conservative views. My father is especially fond of Fox News (and Rush Limbaugh).
I plan to avoid discussions alltogether, but I am afraid my father may feel the need to prove something to me (that, if I were smart, I'd be a Republican). At the very least, he may gloat a little.

I was going to write something here about the Sept. 11 Commission's recommendations, but it is such a beautiful day.

I have my doubts about enacting all of the recommendations - doubts that are mostly fueled by a Harper's article titled "Counter Intelligence: The recommendations of the 9/11 Commission are a dangerous muddle."

I would link it, but it is not available online. So, more on that later. Meanwhile, you can read about Bush trying to save intelligence reform. And comment here about what you think about the various recommendations.